Principal Information Security Consultant
Fantastic opportunity to work on security projects within a government agency
Outstanding development and growth opportunities
About Our Client
We have partnered with a Government department who have an opportunity for a Principal Security Auditor to join a sizeable team, evaluating entity information systems, business processes and technical controls in place. The successful candidate will come from a technical background of either; Infrastructure Engineering or Server Engineering, with a focus on Security.
You will be well versed and confident in undertaking technical audits of information systems, testing everything from password strength and policy through to penetration testing and information security systems. The successful candidate will be focused around delivering value in the form of Risk & Vulnerability Identification, and essentially looking for gaps in the various systems, applications and processes.
- Run initial engagement meetings with Government departments to discuss and outline audit scope.
- Compile technical and control information against audit methodology.
- Prepare and review working papers, audit reports and management letters.
- Perform a variety of penetration tests across web applications and networks.
- Design and develop audit procedures and systems to achieve efficient and effective delivery of audit programs.
- Development of penetration test plans.
- Advise and guide the team
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 6 years experience in Cyber Security.
- Relevant tertiary education, Masters in Cyber Security highly sought after.
- Certifications in; CISA, CISSP, CISM and ISACA member.
- Strong experience undertaking end to end security audits, making recommendations adhering to the ISO27001 framework, NIST or ASD.
- Proven track record of identifying and improving gaps in security systems.
What's on Offer
Stable role located in the CBD. Attractive progression planning and further development of technical skills. Initial contract engagement which will likely become permanent after the first few months for the right candidate.