Principal Legal Officer
Fantastic opportunity with a large Federal Government Agency
EL2 - Long term engagement
About Our Client
Principal Legal Officers (PLOs) will work under the broad guidance of the General Counsel and contribute at the highest level to the agency objective―informed government decisions about the development, reform and harmonisation of Australian laws and related processes through research, analysis, reports, community consultation and education.
PLOs support the agency in this outcome through a high-level contribution to the inquiry process, including team leadership, research, analysis, and policy development. PLOs demonstrate a thorough understanding of the role and responsibilities of the agency, as well as the legislation, regulatory and compliance frameworks that inform its activities. PLOs take a lead role in the inquiry team to ensure a high level of productivity within their area of responsibility. PLOs inspire a sense of purpose and direction within the legal agency teams and help foster the agency's organisational capacity.
The Successful Applicant
* Provide high-quality support and advice to the General Counsel on all aspects of an inquiry;
* Provide leadership to an inquiry team to ensure a high level of productivity and cohesiveness to ensure the agency goals and objectives are met;
* Use networks and experience to identify key stakeholders for inclusion in Advisory Committees and consultation purposes;
* Conduct and/or participate in consultation meetings;
* Use high level analytical and conceptual skills to formulate proposals for reform;
* Write high-quality material for consultation documents and final reports;
* Have a good understanding of law reform activities nationally and internationally to ensure the agency processes and proposals are of an international best practice.
* Provide leadership through mentoring Senior Legal Officers and Legal Officers to assist in their professional development and enhance the team outcomes;
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level with an experienced and cohesive team.
* Leadership position
* Excellent salary package
* Great location
How to contact us
If you are currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you, please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skill set, however, would like to have a confidential discussion on your career, please get in touch.