Principal Mining Engineer (Underground)
Professional development, performance bonuses and shareholding opportunities
Flexible working environment
About Our Client
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice that provides focused advice and solutions to clients in the resource industries. For mining projects, SRK offers services from exploration through feasibility, mine planning, and production to mine closure
As an integral part of the leadership team within the Perth office you will be reporting into the Managing Principal and will be responsible for the overall leadership of the Underground team. Your primary focus will be to provide technical leadership and execution on mine planning, design and scheduling.
Some of your other key responsibilities will be;
- Using your technical knowledge and skills in various mining software packages and providing guidance and support to the rest of the team on technical issues.
- Actively collaborating with colleagues in developing and supporting SRK's Underground mining business and capabilities nationally.
- Consulting assignments, which will include planning and design work, project reviews and site secondments.
- Building up the team's portfolio of clients through business development and networking opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
As a suitably qualified Mining Engineer, ideally you will have over 15 years of underground experience with relevant exposure to projects in the Australian mining industry, either in operations or a similar consultancy role.
- A recognised degree in mining engineering.
- Recent experience with industry accepted mine design and scheduling software.
- Enthusiasm for business development and personal growth.
- Willingness to undertake site secondments.
- Ability to write high quality, succinct technical reports.
- Desire to exceed client expectations.
What's on Offer
- An attractive compensation package.
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical technically-focused consultancy environment.
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company at both the local and global level; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.
- In addition to a competitive salary, we provide opportunities for professional development, performance bonuses and shareholding opportunities in the company, as well as a flexible work environment and city-based location.