Principal Project Manager
Large enterprise environment
12 month contract
About Our Client
Our focus is delivering integrated digital technology strategy, solutions and services across Queensland. Our Client is committed to advancing healthcare through digital innovation. In particular, we deliver:
* Reliable access to major information systems through a wide variety of digital devices including desktop computers, laptops, personal digital devices and telephony.
* Leadership and guidance in identifying and implementing digital solutions to drive improvements in the safety, quality and efficiency.
* Support for innovation, enabled by digital solutions through our digital and business solution programs.
* Leadership in the development and implementation of information management and digital strategies, policies and standards.
The purpose of this role is to manage a large scale, complex Information Management (IM) and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) project, by ensuring successful completion within agreed performance criteria to enable enhanced service delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
* Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with our values.
* Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe, services and workplaces
* Manage the definition, documentation and successful completion of a large scale, complex project in line with project management methodologies
* Promote and ensure use of appropriate project management techniques, methodologies and tools, including benefits realisation and risk and issue management, to ensure quality project outcomes are delivered
* Manage, monitor and report on project related trends and performance against project plans and schedules
* Manage and monitor resources, expenses and capital costs against the project forecasts
* Initiate, influence and maintain relationships with and between key internal and external stakeholders, facilitate effective communication channels to promote the successful adoption of change within the business, and foster relationships through lessons learned, feedback mechanisms and management of expectations
* Manage capability and develop resources by leading and mentoring multi-disciplinary project team(s).
The Successful Applicant
- Proven experience in the management of a large scale, complex IM/ICT projects, preferably in the identity and access management, privileged access management, cloud technologies, network security and general security knowledge domain
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management to support effective business change, including the ability to initiate relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Understanding and application of appropriate project management methodologies (preferably PRINCE2), and an ability to promote and provide advice on the use of appropriate project management techniques, methodologies and tools
- Proven high level negotiation, consultation, facilitation and effective written and oral communication skills for use in a complex project environment
- Proven experience in leading, managing and mentoring an effective multi-disciplinary team
- Proven analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and a proven ability to work in a team environment developing effective working relationships with team members
What's on Offer
Whats on offer:
- Large enterprise environment
- 12 month contract
- Brisbane based