12 month fixed term- likely to go permanent
Work with an experienced and inclusive team
About Our Client
The client is a leading FMCG retailer.
- Supporting Category Managers in developing category strategies including considerations for make vs. buy, approach to inventory, insource vs. outsource, go-to-market strategies and Total Cost Management.
- Analysis of historical and forecasted spend data to support development of category segmentation and identify opportunities for improvement, rationalisation, savings and consolidation.
- Responsible for preparation, development and execution of negotiation strategies as agreed by the cross-functional stakeholder group to maximise value and agree terms and conditions.
- Responsible for selecting the most appropriate RFx response and preparing the business case for sign off.
- Responsible for reviewing the recommendation and ensuring the appropriate decision on the optimal supplier/s that best meet the evaluation criteria and objectives of the business.
- Analysing current and future market activities, trends and supports in identifying sourcing opportunities
- Analysing and understanding all potential risks at the category level
- Analysing supply markets to identify strategies to develop a more competitive supply market, for example onshore vs. offshore supply sources
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualifications in Procurement, Finance, Law or Commerce.
- 3 - 5 years experience in Procurement Analytics.
- Development of Price, Cost, Product Lifecycle and Service Lifecycle cost models.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic analysis.
- Good research skills for understanding the external market - domestic and international.
- Solid problem solving skills, using reason, analysis, and return on investment is crucial.
- A high standard of verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive analysis on MS Excel (Advanced user - pivot tables, vlookups, macros)
- High level of computer literacy in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Tableau.
- Ability to work in a calm manner, to prioritise competing demands and solve enquiries efficiently.
- A flexible, teamwork approach to tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience in pulling data feeds from multiple ERP / source systems
What's on Offer
This role has a high likelihood of going permanent after the 12 months. There is high levels of career progression and employee benefits. You will also be exposed to working with a highly reputable procurement team and company.