Procurement Category Manager x2
Lead and develop the Construction Category
OR Lead and develop the Network and Cabling Category
About Our Client
You will work for a strategic, efficient and value-driven solutions organisation that maintains a safe, reliable, sustainable and innovative place to work. You will be given autonomy to drive best in class procurement activities and introduce new, innovative ways of working.
As Procurement Category Manager you will be responsible for developing a culture of best practice procurement processes in an innovative working environment. You will work closely with the Portfolio Managers, the Business, and suppliers to deliver support to activities including, but not limited to:
- Prepare sourcing activities to identify and analyse benefit and savings opportunities.
- Develop market engagement documentation inclusive of appropriate contracts (e.g.: schedules and departures to the standard template), conduct evaluations and negotiations with suppliers.
- Implement strategic multi-year category plans in consultation with the Business which meets the needs of the business.
- Proactively work with suppliers, the Business, and Demand Officers to support the demand forecasting process, including (but not limited to) prioritisation of contracts to include in process, identification of contract users to supply forecast data and provision of forecast information to impacted suppliers.
- Work with suppliers and the Business to identify and deliver process improvements.
- Ensure contract compliance performance and shared synergies and expertise are understood, to identify and deliver further efficiency's and savings and resolve disputes. Develop and implement Supplier Relationship Management
- Ensure all contracts are negotiated and structured in a commercially appropriate manner.
- Where appropriate, work with non-contracted suppliers to develop their capabilities to increase the overall market competitiveness.
- Apply a strong layer of strategic, innovative, continuous improvement, analytical, and commercial thinking/focus/value-add across all activities.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate, you will ideally have a tertiary qualification in procurement and be able to demonstrate the following skills.
- Confident in understanding contractual terms and conditions.
- Able to review and analyse commercial proposals to find the optimal outcomes and drive decision making.
- Ability to apply a strong layer of strategic, innovative, analytical, and commercial thinking/focus/value-add across all activities.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Use appropriate methods, skills and styles to coach, lead and focus group effort on client needs, quality standards, and corporate goals.
- Ability to find solutions to problems using your creativity, reasoning, and past experiences along with the available information and resources.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and superannuation and an inclusive working environment