Procurement Manager - IT & Corporate Services
Top 50 ASX listed company
Indirect procurement team leader
About Our Client
Our Client is a top ASX listed infrastructure business with operations throughout Australia. Significant growth has seen exceptional positively around the company and with a great story to tell, this company is looking for a talented team leader to join the established procurement team.
As the Procurement Manager for IT & Corporate Services, you will manage a strong team of Procurement Specialists that are experts across IT, Travel, Fleet, HR and Professional Services. You will have previous line management experience and have the ability to partner with the GM of IT as well as other senior stakeholders in the business to drive procurement performance.
You will be able to demonstrate you ability to:
- Drive benefits and savings from indirect categories for the group as a result of implementation of procurement initiatives.
- Delivery of Procurement category management for indirect categories to the company.
- Delivery of sourcing, negotiation and contracting of procurement terms and conditions for indirect categories ensuring optimum benefits and effective management of risk.
- Support of the Procurement and management of the Corporate Procurement Function strategy, planning frameworks and deliverables, including procedures, systems, tools and processes.
- Support of the supply chains and use of the company ERP System for indirect categories both strategically and operationally.
- Development and maintenance of appropriate contacts and relationships for indirect categories at all levels and externally with suppliers.
- Development and execution of strategies to maximise the procurement efficiency's for indirect categories.
- Support and implementation of the operational business plans that deliver the Procurement strategy.
- Align any Procurement commercial decisions with company business strategy.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate in this role will be self driven and a natural team leader. They will have previous IT Category procurement experience and be across other indirect categories such as professional services and HR.
On top of your relevant degree in business or engineering you will also demonstrate:
- Proven business partnering and leadership positions in Procurement, with previous procurement management experience, preferably in a similar industry or environment.
- Procurement and category management of indirect services and goods (IT essential)
- Strategy formulation - ability to think strategically, produce innovative ideas and influence business direction.
- Delivery of success - strong track record of delivering results, using commercial acumen to effectively influence the business strategy.
- High level of business, contractual and financial literacy.
- Proven experience of program management including complex multi-party projects with technical development.
- Leadership capabilities - ability to convert strategy into action, manage stakeholders and mobilise resources to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Communication - ability to effectively communicate with, persuade and influence others.
- Effective external stakeholder management skills.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to join a well respected leader and top ASX listed company, salary commensurate with experience plus STI bonus.