Newly created role
Dynamic & flexible working environment
About Our Client
Zoos Victoria operates three landmark zoos, Melbourne Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Victoria's zoos are made up of passionate, energetic and driven employees committed to fighting wildlife extinction. Every person, from the extensive range of disciplines, plays an important role in helping the organisation realise its vision to become a world leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
The Procurement Manager is a new Business Services role at Zoos Victoria, responsible for driving procurement capability and outcomes across the organisation. The position will be responsible for setting the standards for all ZV general procurement and purchasing activities, in a manner that drives cost reductions, increases standardisation, simplifies processes and improves compliance, all within the environmental and sustainability objectives of ZV. You will also be responsible for:
- Providing an overarching Strategic Procurement direction for Zoos Victoria that delivers cost reductions, standardisation, simplification and compliance.
- Delivering and maintaining a centralised procurement and purchasing strategy for all goods and services.
- Providing specialist procurement advice, support organisational procurement capability, and drive environmentally responsible procurement.
- Improving compliance and governance for all procurement contracts and activities.
- Maintaining major procurement contract management oversight.
- Developing and reporting on Zoos Victoria procurement objectives and targets that achieve best practice
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven procurement professional with a relevant professional degree and qualification in the procurement and/or supply chain space. Similar industry experience desirable, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous procurement, sourcing and contract management experience is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in public sector processes and standards in the areas of procurement, tendering, contract management and risk management.
- Comprehensive experience managing and contributing to complex procurement activities with multiple stakeholders and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a senior management team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the systems and processes of Victorian Government Purchasing Board.
- A demonstrated ability to provide strategic procurement direction to an organisation, including category management, spend and market analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges and opportunities associated with procurement systems, including Paramount Workplace procurement system, e-tendering systems and Microsoft Great Plains.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to drive this unique new opportunity in a values based organisation will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package including a number of great member & employee benefits. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.