Long term contract opportunity
autonomous and self-driven role
About Our Client
Our client sits within the Logistics and Supply chain industry and currently operate not only across multiple sites but are specialist providers in multiple markets. With over 100 years of expertise between their brands they a dominate force in the market today.
As Procurement Specialist you will be responsible for the following:
- Variety of both direct and indirect procurement responsibilities
- Developing a rolling forward program for review of all existing goods and services
- Preparing and conducting RFTs, RFQs, and consistently sourcing for cost-effective and innovative solutions.
- Managing supplier relationships, developing new partnerships and effective stakeholder management between parties both internally and externally
- Analysing procurement data and producing regular reports
- Proactively liaise with all relevant departments to forecast, plan and help meet deadlines.
- Conducting vendor due diligence and providing concise advice regarding potential risk management.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Variety of direct and indirect procurement experience
- Experience in managing and developing long term Supplier partnerships
- Experience in contract management
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a key eye for detail
- Exceptional analytical skills, with proven experience in effective cost-saving projects
- Highly computer literate
What's on Offer
12-month fixed term contract role.
Inclusive, friendly operational culture.
Great base salary + super on offer.