An exciting opportunity to join a globally known business.
Join an exciting passionate team with a chance to grow your career.
About Our Client
Hendrickson is the leading global manufacturer for heavy automotive suspension products (Truck, Trailer & Bus) and are renowned for their market leadership and high quality products and service. Their Oceania Region Head Office is located in Dandenong South, an easy five minute drive from Eastlink. Hendrickson has a uniquely positive work culture and is devoted to the growth and professional development of their people.
This role is a key interface between Hendrickson's professional engineers, who get involved in designing and testing product, and their sales team, who garner information from the field and customers, with the aim of selecting the best fit for each customer's needs from Hendrickson's extensive product portfolio. Managing cross-functional teams to deliver key projects (some larger, some smaller) in a dynamic team environment, this role requires superior organizational skills, the ability to develop excellent rapport with stakeholders, as well as exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Liaising with the Engineering team to support product developments with particular emphasis on new product introduction.
- Chairing regular conference calls with US based Trailer Product Engineers and Program Managers
- Liaising with Sales Managers, both within Australia and overseas, to gather market data and market requirements and to assist in the development of product strategies.
- Administering and coordinating Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) for Trailer product as required.
- Leading cross-functional groups involving Engineering, Sales, Quality, Purchasing and Manufacturing regarding project milestones, deliverables, issues, and accomplishments.
- Coordinating and contributing to applicable marketing materials such as product brochures, flyers and magazine advertisements.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years experience in a product engineering or project management role in either an industrial, automotive or engineering field.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and manage projects in a high paced environment.
- Knowledge or an ability to quickly learn the complexities of the Trailer and/or suspension industry including an awareness of competitor offerings, competitor activities, market trends and pending legislative changes
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft Office environment (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint).
- A professional attitude and manner dedicated to the highest standards of customer service.
- Leadership and people skills to lead, direct, influence, and motivate team personnel and promote constructive relations amongst internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated with a positive "can do" attitude and growth mindset
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience in coordinating new product development with excellent customer facing skills to join a growing global organisation. In addition, an excellent salary package is on offer to the successful candidate coupled with an opportunity to join a team with an exceptional culture.