Manage a portfolio of products
Drive go to market strategies
About Our Client
This company is a leading manufacturer and supplier of innovative building entry solutions to the residential, commercial and industrial sectors. They have an extensive and growing range of products which they sell through various channel partners, including dealers, wholesalers and retailers. As part of a multi-national, family-owned business, their products are sold throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East with significant growth opportunities domestically and abroad. They are also driving growth in the connected space, in relation to access and security.
Reporting to the Group Product Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Ultimate accountability of the performance of their product category
- New Product Development - Discovery, define and design new products, working with an inhouse engineering team and various other stakeholders
- Product Management - Own the designated category, with all aspects of the product mix. Ultimately driving profitability and vitality
- Product Commercialisation - Work with marketing communications to develop, communicate and implement commercialisation and promotional plans
- Channel Management - Owning the relevant channel, tracking trends and movements, whilst driving value and benefit for all channel partners
- Market Analysis - Tracking consumer insights and research, proactively identifying and reporting on new market opportunities.
- Present Market Opportunities - Utilise excellent communication skills to present to the wider business and leadership team
- Technical Expertise - Building and maintaining a thorough hands-on and technical knowledge of the relevant product category, including their own products, as well as the next best alternatives
- North Ryde or West Gosford locations - Depending on base location you will be required to travel to the other 1 to 2 days a week.
The Successful Applicant
This is a unique opportunity to join a medium size marketing-oriented organisation, where you will be a valued member of a family. You will see the results of your hard work and be an integral part of a high-performing team. With multiple products categories (from industrial hardware to connected services) sold through numerous channels (from commercial specification to retail shelves) this company will offer you broad, consumer-centric product management experience.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Tertiary education in marketing or product management
- Minimum of 5-8 years product marketing experience in a B2B or B2C environment.
- Experience in launching new products, Experience in actual product design a plus
- Active and current knowledge of mobile, web and consumer technologies. Entrepreneurial experience in automation, energy efficiency, and security business models a plus.
- Strong knowledge of home automation, consumer durable, home entertainment, electronics or security industries a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to work on large and small projects concurrently, meeting deadlines and running project teams
What's on Offer
- Great salary package
- North Ryde or West Gosford location
- Interstate and potentially international travel