Production Manager (Afternoon Shift)
Excellent career development opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is globally recognised FMCG organisation who specialise in the manufacture of a wide product base supplying into a diverse customer base. For decades they have been delivering the highest quality products to each of their customers
Reporting into the Site Operations Manager, your key responsibilities on the afternoon shift include:
- Meet and exceed production targets and KPIs such as Quality, Cost, Delivery and OEE.
- Provide direction and leadership to the production team
- Manage and develop team members and direct reports to realise high performance. Ability to get involved in the recruitment process when required.
- Ensure that production processes adhere to the company quality management system.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement. Lead and implement LEAN initiatives and strategies.
- Ensure 5S and housekeeping policies are followed.
- Work with the various different functions of the organisation to achieve lean best practice while maintaining the company's ethical working standards.
- Analyse and critic the production data and metrics and take actions or provide recommendations in order to improve performance.
- Present production, quality and safety performance reports for shift meetings.
- Ensure finished product meets required quality standard and is maintained within set targets.
- Identify machine and equipment failures to maintenance teams.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in this role:
- FMCG experience is essential managing several hundred SKU's within blending and packing departments.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to direct and motivate the team at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously, planning and scheduling work and activities to routinely meet cost and schedule parameters.
- Strong analytical skills and process focused. With good RCA skillset and a keen knowledge of strategic business CI intiatives.
- Strong production background with good factory floor skills and exposure to highly unionized environments.
What's on Offer
A fantastic salary package is on offer to the successful candidate with great career progression.