Production Manager - Food
Food Manufacturer - Northern Suburbs
Privately owned Australian FMCG business
About Our Client
Our client is proud Australian owned FMCG manufacturing organization who specialize in the processing and delivery of a diverse range of products to Retail and Food service. With significant increases in demand, they are currently going through a period of significant growth.
You will work with and lead an established team of operators and will be responsible for all facets of Production operations on the afternoon shift.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver daily production in accordance with customer specifications and in a manner that maximises quality and productivity
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders in the Planning, Procurement, Maintenance, Warehousing, Quality and Technical departments, to ensure daily production objectives are met
- Deliver key goals in respect of Yields, Labour Hours, downtime, WHS and DIFOT
- Responsible for meeting and reporting on plant KPI's in Safety, Quality, Yield, labour allocation and throughput requirements
- Ensure that plant is consistently clean and equipment is maintained in good and safe condition
- Supervision of the preparation and maintenance of records (HACCP, Production, OHS) as required
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in this role:
- Degree qualified in Engineering or hold a degree/diploma in BusinessSignificant Production Leadership Experience in an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Understanding of HACCP and GMP processes essential
- Proven understanding of current and progressive WHS principles and practices
- Demonstrated success in leading people through change and building a positive, results oriented culture
- Competent in all aspects of Microsoft suite of programs, particularly WORD and EXCEL
What's on Offer
An excellent salary package is on offer to the successful candidate. The opportunity also exists for this person to be involved in taking this company to the next level during a period of growth.