Great company culture
Great career progression with an established FMCG business
About Our Client
Our client is one of the most recognisable in the plastic manufacturing space with a leading footprint in the Australian manufacturing space.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Meet and exceed production targets and KPIs such as Quality, Cost, Delivery and OEE.
- Provide direction and leadership to the production team of 6.
- Manage and develop team members and direct reports to realise high performance. Ability to get involved in the recruitment process when required.
- Ensure that production processes adhere to the company quality management system.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement. Lead and implement LEAN initiatives and strategies.
- Ensure 5S and housekeeping policies are followed.
- Work with the various different functions of the organisation to achieve lean best practice while maintaining the company's ethical working standards.
- Analyse and critic the production data and metrics and take actions or provide recommendations in order to improve performance.
- Present production, quality and safety performance reports for shift meetings.
- Ensure finished product meets required quality standard and is maintained within set targets.
- Identify machine and equipment failures to maintenance teams.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Experience working in an FMCG environment with an electrical background would be ideal.
- Proven leader in Production Supervision or Production Management roles.
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure, deadline driven organization.
- Proven achievements implementing Lean, TPS, and/or Six Sigma projects.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to maintain a continuous manufacturing schedule across maintenance and production.
- Strong communication skills between different levels of the business.
- Ability to take the lead and make decisions.
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Outlook, Word)
What's on Offer
An attractive salary will be on offer to the successful candidate with fantastic career development potential within a large organisation.