Temp to Perm opportunity
About Our Client
My client is leading manufacturing business in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne who are looking for a Production Manager to join their team.
- Ensure the business health and safety policy is maintained, communicated and followed.
- Devise and implement sound policies, plans and procedures to achieve OTIF delivery and right first-time every time.
- Ensure effective performance of the Production team members - measured in terms of performance against agreed targets.
- Ensure adequate skills are available at all times through effective skills matrix, employee training plans and capacity plans.
- Recruit and develop Production personnel. Identify the need for new members of staff; describe role and responsibilities; liaise with Line Manager and other staff; interview and select; ensure satisfactory induction.
- Act as coach and mentor; ensuring individual staff have the support and opportunity to reach their full potential. Assess training and development needs and produce and execute appropriate plans.
- Develop a Continuous Improvement culture through the deployment of appropriate Lean principals and behaviours.
- Manage staff absences: sickness, annual leave and other absences in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure the chain of leadership is clear during periods of absence.
- Collaborate with other departments and managers; provide input to company planning; contribute to Management Team to ensure smooth running of the company.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline (ideally: Industrial or Manufacturing or Production).
- Formally trained (from a recognised trainer) in Lean Manufacturing / Thinking principles.
- Knowledge running a low volume, high complexity manufacturing facility.
- Strategically aware, thinks broadly and conscious of impact of own actions across all parts of the business.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects and multi-disciplined teams.
- A passion for Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
What's on Offer
An attractive salary is on offer for the successful applicant. If you feel that you may be suitable for the role and meet all of the criteria listed, please apply to the job.