Work close to home on the Central Coast
About Our Client
Our client is a growing Industrial Manufacturing Organisation. Based on the Central Coast they pride themselves on quality, innovation and creating a positive working environment. Due to positive changes and steady growth of the company this exciting and challenging career opportunity is available.
In this role you will be required to motivate, direct and measure the performance of the manufacturing operation, meet production targets and financial objectives. You will manage both full time and contracting staff across the day shift operations.
As part of this role you will:
- Lead the Operations functions by providing clear managerial direction and support to the Production and Scheduling teams
- Promote growth and efficiency attitudes by fostering a culture of continuous improvement to drive performance gains
- Through appropriate decision making, continually strive to optimise the balance between manufacturing costs and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee effective Production Scheduling to maximise plant utilisation
- Manage New Product Introduction and change control activities to ensure minimum times of implementation.
- Established and ensures planned KPI's for efficiency and performance are met or exceeded
- Coordinates labour and resources
- Implements production schedules, monitors production processes and adjusts schedules as required
- Ensure the implementation and evolution of safety and environmental procedures compliant to site policy and legislative requirements
The Successful Applicant
The successfull canddiate will posses the following;
- 5+ years experience as a Supervisor or Manager in a production environment
Qualification in recognised manufacturing excellence discipline(s) i.e. green belt six
Sigma or LEAN
- Tertiary Qualification in a relevant discipline
- Solid interpersonal skills and team orientation but with the ability to work independently and manage projects without supervision
- Analytic mindset and effective time management/prioritisation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desired skills/experience
- Practical understanding of supply chain and manufacturing operations
What's on Offer
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities with a real opportunity to influence process with the company.