Temp to Perm Opportunity
About Our Client
Locally owned and operated, my client is a leading manufacturer of fabricated metal parts.
- Coordinate production and planning through a number of teams to achieve DIFOT.
- Improve production efficiency within the business.
- Manage stock and conduct monthly reports.
- Hold daily meetings to plan and motivate staff.
- Work with team leaders to develop their own plans for achieving production targets.
- Strong focus to increase productivity, eliminate waste and streamline processes in production through LEAN manufacturing practise.
- Coordinate regular safety and quality meetings with shop floor employees.
- Ensure that company policies relating to WH&S and QMS are understood and adhered to.
- Manage the recruitment of new production staff.
- Manage the preventative and reactive maintenance functions.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar production management role that involved made-to-order products.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment liaising between production, sales, suppliers and customers.
- Previous experience working with SAP or MEX
- The ability to manage a production team to achieve KPI targets and implement new procedures and policies.
- Knowledge and experience in Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Knowledge of warehouse systems for the management of raw materials and consumables.
- Experience with purchasing and dealing with a number of suppliers.
What's on Offer
The role will suit a hands-on Production Manager with previous experience coordinating operations in a make-to-order production environment.
You will provide a vital link between the production staff, suppliers, customers, contractors and the management team so strong communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time are important.
If this role sounds like the sort of challenge you're seeking to progress your career in manufacturing then please apply.