Report directly to Executive Manager
Leadership role in multi-functional team
About Our Client
Coogee is Australia's second largest manufacturer of chlor-alkali products with three chlor-alkali facilities across Australia - two in the south west of Western Australia and one in Lytton, Queensland. This business was initially established to service the emerging local titanium dioxide pigment industry as dedicated suppliers of bulk chlorine and caustic soda feedstock.
In 2015 Coogee undertook a significant expansion of the Lytton facility including a new state of the art cell room that significantly increased capacity. As well as the increased capacity it also provided greater flexibility within the operation. Coogee has the only chlor alkali plant in Queensland and the site is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Coogee QCA also operate an extensive network of storage and distribution centres supporting our customers in regional Queensland and New South Wales.
The primary functions of the Production Manager QCA are:
- Lead a strong EHS culture, driving safety and team ownership in a manufacturing environment.
- Ensure that all activities within responsibilities are carried out safely and in accordance with established policy, procedure and protocol.
- Maintain environmental compliance while continually pursuing waste minimisation.
- Effective utilisation of plant assets.
- Focus on lean manufacturing and continuous improvement programs.
- Prepare and issue manufacturing plans to meet the commercial demand.
- Prepare OPEX and CAPEX budgets including the management of production expenditure.
- Management of the production function through the provision of effective leadership, direction and delegation of responsibilities to the Production Team.
- Training of staff to ensure competence in their roles alongside the development, coaching and mentoring of your Production Team.
The Successful Applicant
What the successful candidate should possess:
- Degree qualifications in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry.
- Previous experience managing people and the ability to develop teams.
- Experience within a Chemicals and/or Hydrocarbon industry.
- Experience within major hazards / high risk environments.
- Proven experience managing a continuous production process.
- Previous experience with financial systems and managing OPEX and CAPEX budgets.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to join an innovative company that prides itself on their core values. On offer is a competitive salary package in a key delivery role on a permanent full-time basis, and the autonomy to manage and develop your team while reporting directly to executive management.
If you are currently in a Production Managers role and are looking for a change, or step into a role where you will be given the opportunity to develop your team and improve operations then this may be the opportunity for you. Coogee QCA offers a supportive environment delivering on projects whilst being based in a lifestyle Brisbane location.