6 Month Fixed Term Contract with view for permanency
About Our Client
My Client is a large FMCG manufacturer located in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
- Manage the site production department so that the products manufactured meet / exceed agreed specifications, budget, environmental and health and safety requirements.
- Strong leadership of the production team, including continuing the development of the well established and highly competent team members
- Delegation and support of tasks to a site team of approx 80 staff
- Challenging the norm and supporting and leading the team in the drive for continuous improvement and OE
- Utilising your manufacturing background to coach and support operations and production
- Planning and Scheduling of all production activities
The Successful Applicant
Whilst a proven background in consumer product manufacturing is a key technical aspect of this role, pivotal to your success will be your ability to strongly engage, lead, motivate and develop this operational team.
- Ideally possess a tertiary qualification
- Previous leadership experience in a food, cosmetic, pharma or similar manufacturing environment
- A proven track record engaging, challenging, developing and leading large teams (50+)
- A personable and very hands on leadership style to gain respect and buy in from the team
- Proven people management skills and the ability to identify the best ways to engage and drive team development
- Strong planning, organisational and problem solving skills
- Practical knowledge of Operational Excellence methodologies
- The ambition to keep developing your career into plant/site operations management
- Stepping out of a similar level role to hit the ground running and be able to step up to plant manager as required
- Able to start in January 2020
What's on Offer
An attractive salary and an opportunity to gain a permanent position in on offer for the successful candidate.