About Our Client
Our client is a reputable and well known Australian Law firm with a position available which allows for clear career progression and development. The collaborative finance team are high performing and close knit, with strong commercial acumen. There is a strong focus team work within the organisation as well as scope for clear career development and future learnings. Being a large corporate there are many staff benefits including generous leave entitlements and dynamic working arrangements.
This role is the primary business partner for revenue accounting, Work in Progress (WIP) and Accounts receivable (AR) Management. The role is responsible for all major practice areas. Responsibilities include business partnering to Partners on project related matters, project reporting, preparation and distribution of invoices, Days sales outstanding (DSO) management, revenue reconciliations and other ad-hoc analysis
The Core responsibilites;
- Trusted advisor for the Partnership on all project accounting matters for practice areas(PA)/clients - this involves being the primary point of contact with Partners on all matters relating to their clients from contract administration (inc value based fee arrangements), pricing, invoicing (AR), collection (AR) and subsequent performance analysis
- Pricing analysis - calculate target pricing, variances to target, seeking approvals where discounts are within certain parameters, margin calculations and subsequent partner time allocations
- Potential secondments to client site (as required) for major programs of work - this includes full project reporting and management, client liaison as required, maintenance of client statements of work, ownership and preparation of the resource tracking, change requests and work stream management
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- General ledger responsibility for WIP, AR and revenue related accounts.
- This includes reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and all revenue accounts from the Time and Billings System (T&B) to General Ledger (GL) on a monthly basis
- Systems development - seek improvements to internal processes
- Custodian (in conjunction with the Assistant Accountant) of the T&B and INFOR (timesheet management) systems throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure compliance with contracts & obtaining client acknowledgments.
- Achieve target contract compliance statistics
- Infor expense review oversight for seconded offshore staff for specified PA's. This may include reviewing expense claims for compliance
- Outside Consultants - Process Outside Consultant time and expenses into T&B with appropriate mark ups. This includes Accounts Payable approval in our Palette system
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualified in Accounting (CA/CPA preferred)
- Previous work for a professional services/ Law firm or in the corporate section of a global company (2+years' experience)
- Experience in general ledger systems (knowledge of Oracle is an advantage, but not a prerequisite)
- Experience in working with senior business stakeholders
- Knowledge of accounting for work in progress, debtors and client billings preferred
- Knowledge of GST (both Australia and New Zealand)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to liaise confidently with senior management
- Able to liaise confidently and effectively with multiple senior stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously, often under pressure to meet deadlines
- Work effectively as part of a wider team
- Resourceful and responsive
- Flexibility in working hours
What's on Offer
A hard working attitude and willingness to add value to the role will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to progress within the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen.