Project Business Manager - Development and Property Management
Highly commercial focus
Development experience essential
About Our Client
An established organisation, our client has a substantial property portfolio ranging across Development Management, Property Management and Real Estate Advisory. An employer of choice with a unique employment offer to its staff across work life balance and other benefits, this is an excellent role for someone looking to utilise their property expertise and finance skills to support an experienced property team.
Reporting directly into the Head of Property, this role will support all financial aspects across the Property Development Projects. Working in partnership with the corporate finance team, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing the financial components of development business cases (using discounted cash flow methodologies including Net Present Values and Internal Rates of Return).
- Constructing financial models (using Excel and /or Estate Master) based on key financial assumptions.
- Stress testing key assumptions through rigorous sensitivity analysis to ensure that project returns are commensurate with project risks.
- Presenting the financial aspects of business cases to relevant committees and boards and managing stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- Developing templates to monitor and report actual project spend (and cost to complete) against budgets during project delivery phase.
- Advising Development and Project Managers on business case deficiencies and preparations of submissions.
- Working with relevant stakeholders to ensure financial aspects of Supplier relationships are managed.
- Working with internal and external capital providers to source and structure finance for development projects.
- Assisting in the post-implementation review of completed development projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will have a tertiary qualification and CA, CPA or MBA. A minimum of 10 years professional experience will be required with at least 5 years across a property development environment. You will have a comprehensive understanding of Excel (modelling) and Estate Master and be highly proficient in preparing financial businesses cases across feasibilities. Having worked in a Development environment, you will also have a strong project accounting skillset and knowledge across NPV, IRR and Cashflow. Experience working on key project documentation (including construction contracts, development agreements and financing agreements) will also be desirable.
What's on Offer
- Genuine work life balance
- Central location
- Annual pay increase
- Large property portfolio with an strong leadership team
- Study leave