Project Coordinator / Project Support - Defence
Canberra Based - Permanent Position
Project Management pathway
About Our Client
Well-known and established National Security Consultancy Firm delivering above the line support to the Department of Defence and National Security Agencies are seeking an experienced and motivated Project Coordinator / Project Support to join their dynamic team.
The role will be supporting a Program Manager with work packages in Materiel Logistics Function, CASG. It's a combined role, with the first part being 2IC role that will primarily take carriage of the admin behind the program, and support for strategic tasks such as drafting review / discussion papers and proposals for new work. The second component of this role is providing Program Management Office Support.
Resource Administrative Support
- Defence IT On boarding including ODS, DPN, and DREAMS access.
- IWP On Boarding including completing entries in the OPP Register and Pre-Induction Checklist.
- Arranging DCAC forms and liaising with CoA sponsors.
- Attending Resource Meetings and provide weekly resource updates.
- Create Opportunities for required resources and Work in View in the OPP Register.
- Facilitate Defence Off boarding including IT system access removal and notification to Defence representatives.
- Facilitate Off boarding by liaising with Operations and HR.
Program Management Support
- Provision of Administrative support to the IWP Lead to meet Contracted requirements to Defence.
- Contract Change Management Support by completion of Solution Design Pricing Calculations, completing of CCP templates and the CoA for execution.
- Assistance to MLF IWP contractors in supporting governance processes and compliance with Defence policies.
- Proactively identify and manage program risks.
- Support the development of key program documents (risk plan, contract management plan, workforce plan etc).
- Draft program communications.
- Draft content for changes for the MLF IWP.
- Coordinate and support project reviews and deep dives.
- Coordinate and support CoA reporting requirements.
- Provision of Security Advisory to IWP contractors for compliance under the IWP contract
The Successful Applicant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Key applications: Excel, Work, Outlook and Teams)
- Proficient level of written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations across different levels of management in Defence
- Commercial Acumen
- Understanding of Program and Project Management Fundamentals
- Understanding of Defence IT and systems
- Risk management
- Project management
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Immediate start
- Excellent salary package
- Great location
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone.