- Join a world - class, global market leader in their field
- Join a local NZ team with a passionate and collaborative culture
About Our Client
Our client is a global, industry leading material handling company who have been established for over 80 years. The company boasts world - class systems that lead the industry by combining conveying, storage, sorting, picking and controls. The company's products serve customers in a range of industries and countries.
With the successful growth and new project awards, the NZ team now have need for new Project Director to head up a new team of project managers to ensure the Project Management functions in the region inclusive of Scope Management, Budget Control, Scheduling, Subcontractor Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Control, and Commissioning of the works.
- Lead a team of project managers
- Regular internal and external reporting executives and senior managers on project performance status.
- Provide project reports for the board as needed.
- Ensuring all aspects of projects are closed out to the satisfaction of the Client's Representative.
- Ensure the systems and processes for the PMO are maintained and utilised for all projects.
- Ensure regular external reporting to Client's Representative inclusive of provision of regular progress reports are achieved with all project managers.
- Ensure the project teams adhere to the design and engineering standards of the business.
- Ensure the project teams manage of off-site and on-site activities of sub-trades and suppliers.
- Primary responsibility for development and implementation of project Occupational Health and Safety plans
- Performance reviews on all project staff
- Administer the head contract and all associated secondary and subcontracts.
- Ensure project managers actively manage project budget, cost reporting, cash flow, progress claims, invoicing, payments, provisional sums, and variation account.
- Ensure project managers actively manage subcontract packages inclusive of scope definition, documentation, subcontractor tender evaluation, letting of packages, formulation of subcontract documentation, payment approvals, variation management and account administration
- Provide accurate cost estimation of project solutions and associated variations.
- Assist in developing proposals for projects in various regions.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven experience in program, project management and management of construction and/or automated engineering-based projects.
- Experience with Baggage Handling Systems is advantageous.
- Strong experience in the design and construction of Mechanical and/or Electrical/Controls system, with a good working knowledge of both disciplines.
- Strong commercial acumen with contractual experience.
- Proven experience in Project Scheduling packages (Microsoft Project, Primavera or similar).
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Manage scope
- Time management & Personal Organisation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organise, lead, control and direct resources.
- Good communication
- Good personal presentation
- Ability to write clearly and effectively
- Collaborative and respectful
- Customer centric
- Accountability & Communicative
What's on Offer
On offer to candidates:
- Opportunity to influence, drive and grow an already successful business to even greater success
- Key involvement with delivering large scale prestigious projects
- Top tier company that offers speed in decision making and less 'red tape'
- Opportunity to join a global business with life changing opportunities
- Lucrative salary package and clear career path