Project Engineer Geologist
Join a growing and collaborative team
About Our Client
Our client is a growing and dynamic Engineering consultancy servicing all the major mining infrastructure projects across WA. Due to rapid growth they are actively seeking Engineering Geologists or Geotechnical Engineers to join the team. The ideal candidate will have 4-8 years experience however they are open to viewing candidates with minimum 1-2 years and up to 10 years as there are different levels of roles available.
- Develop and maintain Client relationships.
- Take day-to-day management of small to medium sized projects, from commencement to completion e.g. project initiation, execution, safety management and close out procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, cost estimates, project schedules, budgets, and technical reports.
- Provide Company Management, and Clients where required, with weekly progress reports, including budget tracking and project timescales, to ensure project deadlines and targets are met.
- Liaise with the Company's Contracts personnel to ensure that all contractual and legal requirements are met, including identifying situations that will necessitate contract variation.
- Plan and manage geotechnical investigations in consultation with senior Company personnel (Senior / Associate / Principal).
- Undertake site investigations, which may comprise mapping, logging and supervision of field work including drilling, backhoe test pitting and bulldozer costeans.
- Undertake or supervise field testing, such as Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (DCP) test, Field Vane Shear testing and Point Load Strength Index testing, Plate Load Tests (PLT) and Nuclear Density Meter (NDM) tests, as required by the project.
- Assist with the development of laboratory testing programmes for rock and soil.
- Collate geotechnical data and assist with the development of geological models for sites.
- Analyse stability of slopes in rock, soil and fill embankments
- Assist with design input to earthworks.
- Assist with the development/refinement of earthworks specifications and risk assessments for projects.
- Assist with the supervision of earthworks construction.
The Successful Applicant
As a developing professional, typically with 5 to 10 years' experience after graduation, in this position one will be required to perform engineering geological work at a level distinctly higher than a Graduate or entry level Engineering Geologist. The Project Engineering Geologist may take responsibility for the day-to-day management of small to medium sized projects, including client liaison, management of small teams of company personnel and sub-contractors, site investigations and geotechnical assessments; providing input into technical reports, undertake cost control and contractual reporting, where required.
- Post-graduate qualifications in Engineering Geology or Geotechnical Engineering
- Experience with ArcGIS, gINT.
- 4WD experience.
- Ability to review technical reports.
What's on Offer
- Permanent opportunity
- Site based work
- Work for a growing and dynamic organisation
- Open to taking on candidates with 1-2 years experience