Project Engineer - Mechanical
Immediately Available 12 month Contract Role
Be part of a dynamic team in an industry leading company
About Our Client
Our client is a global player who has dominated their space within the agricultural sector for over 50 years and is enjoying a period of substantial growth across 5 continents.
Due to this period of sustained growth, they are looking for a Project Engineer to join their team.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the below:
- Provide professional advice and guidance on all aspects of engineering as required. Help to coordinate all project elements including engineering design, planning, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning.
- Project Execution Supervision in the field ensuring compliance with Safety, Environment, Food Safety and Quality standards and all regulation.
- Support with anticipating any potential project risks, identifying, and establishing corrective actions.
- Produce deliverables on-time to Project Manager's requirements, clarifying these requirements where necessary.
- Raise timely and correct purchase orders in (SAP)
- Help manage suppliers to ensure parts/equipment are delivered on time to the required quality standard.
- Track tasks against the project timing plan
- Assist with design verification and sign off reporting.
- Apply specific technical skills as required to support Project Manager.
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends.
- Undertake special projects as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Support and participate in process improvement activities.
- Write simple reports and provide information to management.
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Applicant will possess the following skills & attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical (Preferred), Chemical Engineering or other related engineering disciplines
- 3+ years full time experience in a project engineering role in a mechanical or maintenance
- Exposure to working in a manufacturing environment (agribusiness-based industry preferred)
- Knowledge of dry bulk material equipment and conveyors
- Worked on projects of at least $3m value.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, problem solving and decision making in a "hands-on" environment.
- Experience with meeting regular deadlines and handling high priorities concurrently.
- Ability to work independently in a range of different environments.
- Good computer skills in MS Office, Excel & Word
- Basic skills in AutoCAD & PowerPoint
What's on Offer
- Immediate start and a strong pipeline of work
- Work with an industry leading company that admires initiative and nurtures talent.
- Collaborate with highly skilled professional engineers and management personnel.
- Exciting projects to boost your portfolio and advance your career.
- Please click 'Apply' below.