- Key project delivery role across the Design and Engineering Teams
- Work across full project lifecycle
About Our Client
Milmeq's core purpose is to enable clients to have high quality automated solutions for their global customers with their vision of being recognized as the global leader in chilling and freezing systems whilst delivering sustainable innovation and value to their partners. The Milmeq chilling and freezing business was purchased by H&C Automated Solutions in March 2019 and is operating as part of the H&C Automated Solutions business.
H&C is an international leader in turn-key automated solutions to the dairy, meat, food & beverage and packaging industries specialising in materials handling, reverse packaging and large scale chilling and freezing solutions with installations across Australia, NZ, Europe, and North America. Their brands include H&C, Milmeq, AiCo and BetaVac with offices in 5 locations globally.
The primary functions of the Project Engineer fall across two key areas:
- Co-ordinate the engineering and design of overall projects in conjunction with the Lead designer and engineering team
- Development of changes with Product Managers and other Project Engineers
- Co-ordinate the design, procurement, manufacturing and commissioning process working with design and controls engineers, purchasing, procurement and project management
- Lead the development of RFQ's for assigned work packages and support the tender review process
- Engineering calculations with peer review to ensure there is an evidence base for product solutions
- Input to design reviews to ensure the client contractual requirements and needs are met within the budget cost and timeline
Project Team Contribution
- Lead project related design and engineering reviews throughout the project lifecycles and incorporate feedback as required
- Manage the change process within projects by preparing RFI's, detailing impacts on budget and schedule
- Contribute to the implementation of improvements to the design and engineering process aligned with the project team
- Coordinate and provide guidance to any subcontract engineers and designers
- Provide efficient and effective internal and client communications to all stakeholders
- Onsite involvement during commissioning of projects coordinating the works and integration of improvements for future projects
- Maintain a commercial and business-like relationship with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Project Engineering
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in the food industry is highly preferred
- Proficiency with Inventor Professional
- Experience across structural engineering and/or refrigeration will be highly regarded but is not essential
- Experience with Auto CAD and Vault Basic are preferred but not essential
- Proficiency with FEA would be advantageous
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationships
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be provided a rare opportunity to join an international focused company in a critical project delivery role. On offer is a competitive salary package being offered on a full-time basis.
If you are currently in a similar role and are looking for a change into a genuinely exciting role where no two days are the same, then this may be the opportunity for you. Additionally, if you are looking to take the next step in your career Milmeq offers a supportive team environment delivering a diverse range of projects that will keep you engaged every day.