Immediately Available 12 month Contract Role
Provide quality engineering solutions that meet cost & performance requirements
About Our Client
Our client is a global FMCG Manufacturer with a strong reputation in their field.
Working with leading brands, they have a strong focus on innovation and sustainability.
Due to a period of growth, they are looking for a Project Engineer to join their team in Melbourne's Western Suburbs.
The Project Engineer is a 'hands-on' role, where the successful candidate will identify, co-ordinate, resource and manage a variety of projects on site.
Projects may vary from installation/commissioning of new plant and equipment, repairs and maintenance, advice on safety and all the associated specifications, procurement and logistics required to complete the project.
- End to end project engineering & management of medium-large capital projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Accountable for the installation & commissioning of plant & equipment, under their control, in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Provide professional advice and guidance on all aspects of engineering as required.
- Liaise with & supervise, consultants & contractors through all phases of capital work projects on engineering matters.
- Training of site personnel in the correct use in new & existing plant & equipment.
- Maintaining industry contacts to maximise benefits to Company in equipment purchasing and process technology acquisition.
- Provide Scopes of Work & Specifications for Capital projects under their control.
- Carry out the recommendation, purchase & supply of spare parts for items of plant and provide estimates for capital expenditure as required.
- Arrange for the purchase of quality equipment and services used in maintenance and capital works projects.
- Organise appropriate site work permits during installation & commissioning phases of projects (i.e., General work, Hot Work & Confined Space Entry).
- Managing the shipment of goods in a timely manner via sea or air including the supply of appropriate customs documentation.
- Maintain up to date, computer based, project & drawing lists.
The Successful Applicant
The position requires the following essential skills & attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years full time experience in a project engineering role
- Exposure to working in a manufacturing environment (FMCG industry preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, problem solving and decision making in a "hands-on" environment.
- Experience with meeting regular deadlines and handling high priorities concurrently.
- Ability to work independently in a range of different environments.
- Good computer skills in MS Office, Excel & Word
- Basic skills in AutoCAD & PowerPoint
The following skills are desirable but not rerquired:
- 7+ years' experience in a project engineering role
- Exposure to Chemical based industry or exposure to working with or near hazardous materials.
- Experience in, or a good knowledge of, organisational responsibilities under health, safety, and the environment
- Basic skills in Access database
What's on Offer
- Immediate start and a strong pipeline of work
- Work with an industry leading company that admires initiative and nurtures talent.
- Collaborate with highly skilled professional engineers and management personnel.
- Exciting projects to boost your portfolio and advance your career.