- Work in organisation that's busier than ever - hard to find in today's market!
- Strong project pipeline, with most projects taking 3-4 years to completre
About Our Client
Our client is a traditional PM firm built on a solid foundation of Project Management expertise, and values doing things the right way. Our client values long-term relationships with their customers, and looks for people who share similar views.
A medium-sized organisation with great Project Management frameworks and processes, this client will give the right candidate a unique opportunity to work across a number of different sectors, including Education, Sporting and Recreation, Government projects, and other building works.
This company is a professional organisation that will give an up-and-coming Project Manager outstanding training, development, and future career opportunities.
As a Project Manager, you'll be delivering a number of end-to-end building projects, including new build, refurbishment and redevelopment projects. This company has won a new $15m project that you will be working on, and has a number of other projects in the pipeline as well.
You'll be responsible for:
- Scoping of works
- Overseeing design and planning stages
- Tendering - assessing applications and interviews
- Engaging with contractors and consultants
- Overseeing Design & Construct contracts
- Managing construction/acting as the superintendent
- Overseeing defects/liability periods
- Report writing and documentation
- Engaging with key stakeholders to deliver projects on time and on budget.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, attitude and aptitude are going to be essential. This client is looking for someone who wants to be with this company long-term, and grow with the business. They're looking for somebody who has (ideally) completed end-to-end building projects, but are also open to candidates who haven't quite seen the entire end-to-end process yet.
You will also need:
- Demonstrated Design and Construction experience
- Qualifications in Architecture, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction or other related discipline
- Ideally, either Education, Commercial, Sport or Recreation project experience (desired, but not essential)
- To be able to build client relationships to a high level, instilling their trust in you
- To be a strong communicator - especially with written reports. Excellent writing skills are a non-negotiable.
- To have a positive attitude and willingness to work hard for your clients
- The ability to get projects moving, and influence key stakeholders
What's on Offer
What I love most about this client is the opportunity for career progression that it offers its employees. Assistant PMs can step in PM roles, PMs into Senior PM roles, and Senior PMs into Project Director roles. If you're looking for a company that you can grow with long term, this is the business for you!
The successful candidate will also receive:
- Outstanding training, development and support
- Career growth opportunities
- An opportunity to run your own projects with autonomy
- Security and stability with a company that has a strong pipeline of works
- An attractive salary ranging from $105k - $120k