Project Manager - Defence
Michael Page Technology - Contact [email protected]
Work with an award winning organisation
About Our Client
Well-known and established Software Company delivering support to the Department of Defence and other named agencies are seeking an experienced and motivated ICT Project Manager to join their dynamic team.
The ICT Project Manager will ensure that all project requirements, resources, costs, and schedules are on track. Responsibilities include managing and submitting project deliverables, preparing, tracking and communicating project status reports and milestones, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution and delivery of projects.
- Liaising with stakeholders such as vendors and end users regarding project requirements.
- Outlining, defining, initiating, running, and delivering ICT projects.
- Implementing document control policies and documentation templates.
- Monitoring project progress and implementing changes where necessary.
- Monitoring resource utilisation and project expenditure in accordance with plan & budget.
- Ensuring compliance with objectives, organisational policies, procedures and standards.
- Compiling project reports and informing management regarding problems.
- Ensuring project complies with best practices, SOPs, PMO policies and other policies.
- Other duties as needed or required.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's level or higher degree in a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE2 certifications desirable.
- Proven history of successful delivery as an ICT project manager.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Budget, resource and schedule management experience.
- Understanding of software development life cycle.
- Experience delivering capability within Software-as-a-service (SaaS) models and vendors desirable.
- Outstanding leadership, organisational and time management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Deals with sensitive information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Australian Citizen who is eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance to NV1
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Great training and development
- Excellent work environment
- Great location
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.