- Exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with experience in defence projects
- Work for a dynamic consultancy company
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established Consultancy Firm. They are a leading organisation that provides project solution tailored to individual requirements This includes small acquisitions to large scale multi-stakeholder programs in the defence realm. intelligent software solutions to the Department of Defence and other agencies.
The Project Manager will ensure that all project requirements, resources, costs, and schedules are on track. Responsibilities include managing and submitting project deliverables, preparing, tracking and communicating project status reports and milestones, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution and delivery of projects.
- Liaising with stakeholders such as vendors and end-users regarding project requirements.
- Outlining, defining, initiating, running, and delivering projects.
- Implementing document control policies and documentation templates.
- Monitoring project progress and implementing changes where necessary.
- Monitoring resource utilisation and project expenditure in accordance with plan & budget.
- Ensuring compliance with objectives, organisational policies, procedures and standards.
- Compiling project reports and informing management regarding problems.
- Ensuring project complies with best practices, SOPs, PMO policies and other policies.
- Other duties as needed or required.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience in working for a consultancy firm - Above the line!
- A Bachelor's level or higher degree in a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE2 certifications desirable.
- Proven history of successful delivery as a defence project manager in AIR, LAND, or SEA projects.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Budget, resource and schedule management experience.
- Outstanding leadership, organisational and time management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Deals with sensitive information and/or issues using discretion and judgement.
- Australian Citizen who is eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Competitive salary package
- Great location
- Permanent Employment
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skill-set however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.