- A Leading top tier organization in the industry
- Permanent Role in Canberra
About Our Client
A leading organisation in the defence industry with multiple projects in constant rotation
- Responsible for the effective management and delivery of projects.
- Provide leadership to all members of the project team whether directly managed or not.
- Lead, coach, and motivate team members in the development of a robust, innovative and high performing team.
- Foster and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the finances of projects, within approved budget constraints.
- Deliver the required outcomes in accordance with agreed schedules.
- Contribute to research and data analysis of project analytics to enable continuous improvement and deliver efficiency's in all aspects of project performance.
- Collaborate with the Senior Executive and Department Heads to identify business requirements as they pertain to assigned projects.
- Other activities as directed by the Chief Executive Officer / Technical Director.
The Successful Applicant
- AGSVA clearance level: NV1.Proven experience in the management and delivery of complex (over $50M) technical projects including experience in detailed scheduling, project finances and resource management.
- Understanding of major Defence Capital Acquisition and Support projects.
- Advanced technology project management experience, or with demonstrated experience working at a high level in major technology development and delivery projects.
- Understanding of Defence Security requirements and procedures.
- Proven experience in Contract negotiation with the Commonwealth on major Capital Acquisition and/or Support projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results by arranging work flow, determining priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with autonomy.
- Competent in use of Open Plan Professional and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Project at an Expert level.
- Project management experience in Defence or related industry
- A tertiary degree or equivalent experience in one of the following disciplines; Engineering; Technical/Mechanical or Electrical Trade; or Management/Business/Commerce/Law.
What's on Offer
Working in a constant growing industry
Permanent role (Very rare)
Very attractive salary
Self Motivated role