- Exciting SEQ Commercial Electrical Projects
- Huge Growth Potential, Supported by Strong Client Base
About Our Client
At Michael Page, we put you first. Therefore we partner with only the best in clients to help nurture the next steps in your career. This progressive role is with a well-established Australian owned and operated integrated Electrical contractor that focuses on small to large new builds - fast food chains, school renovations, multi storey developments predominantly in the Commercial, Fit Out, Residential and Education space.
With continuation of exponential growth across the Brisbane, they now need to establish their business further across the market; growing and managing their existing client base within the greater Brisbane and SEQ regions.
Our client lives by their philosophies that to continue their success' they need to focus on their people, clients, the right business opportunities and the ongoing development of their modern culture.
You will have proven ability of providing exceptional customer service, delivering projects on time and on budget, whilst ensuring the highest safety and quality standards are maintained.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead and manage the delivery of projects ensuring delivery is on-time, within scope and on-budget.
- Manage project budgets, monitoring expenditures and costs against project deliverables.
- Management of scope changes, including preparation and submission of variation requests and approvals with client.
- Provide onsite leadership and day to day management of site-based teams.
- Engagement and management of key subcontractors required for project delivery, including performance management and any dispute resolution requirements.
- Management of labour forecasting and resourcing requirements for project delivery (in conjunction with Electrical Operations Manager)
- Reporting of project status, including cash flow forecasting, cost to complete and labour forecasting and preparation of project claims
- Management of client relationships for all allocated projects under construction, including attendance at client meetings and dispute resolution as required
- Lead and manage all safety, quality and environmental requirements ensuring operational activities are conducted in compliance with WHS, QA & Environmental legislation.
- Estimate on jobs:
- Detailed Take-off's utilising a leading software package
- Management of supplier and subcontractor offers
- Tender preparation and review with the Lead Estimator
- Marketing and Business Development
The Successful Applicant
- Experience with new builds - fast food chains, school renovations, multi storey developments.
- Projects ranging from 50k- 500k.
- Happy to travel all over SEQ- as the business is a contractor- projects vary on locations
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple commercial projects simultaneously
- Experience in project related financials including, contract administration, cash flow forecasting, cost to complete and monthly progress claims processes
- A strong background in commercial, refurbishments, shopfit-outs.
- Strong knowledge and technical experience in structured cabling systems including both fibre and copper networks.
- Experience and understanding of programmable lighting control systems. Dynalite, C-Bus, KNX, Zen Control etc
- Experience in managing and leading a team to deliver successful outcomes
- Strong knowledge of electrical regulations, by-laws and codes.
- Strong work ethic with high safety and quality work standards
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to operate well in a team environment
- Previous experience in the construction / development industry
- Current Construction White Card
- Current QLD Electrical Workers Licence
What's on Offer
You will be a key member of an innovative and dynamic organisation that offers a wide variety of projects and the opportunity to have an impact in a growing business. A competitive remuneration package may be offered to the successful candidate and will be based on experience and potential. This will range from 100-120k + Super.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a project list- indicating project relevance as mentioned above- to James Blackhall
All applicants will get a response.