- Join a world - class, global market leader in their field
- Join a local team with a passionate and collaborative culture
About Our Client
Our client is a global, industry leading material handling company who have been established for over 80 years. The company boasts world - class systems that lead the industry by combining conveying, storage, sorting, picking and controls. The company's products serve customers in a range of industries and countries.
With the successful growth and new project awards, the NZ team now have need for new Project Director to head up a new team of project managers to ensure the Project Management functions in the region inclusive of Scope Management, Budget Control, Scheduling, Subcontractor Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Control, and Commissioning of the works.
- Project Management of the projects scope of works inclusive of Scope Management, Budget Control, Head Contract Scheduling, Subcontractor Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Control, and Commissioning of the works.
- Facilitate the development of FDS
- Regular external reporting to Client's Representative
- Responsibility for all other project reports and documentation and attendance at meetings as required.
- Adherence with design and engineering standards
- Coordination of multi disciplines system design and associated supporting infrastructure.
- Management of off-site and on-site activities of sub-trades, suppliers and others supporting DOC's works.
- Ensuring all aspects of the Scope of Works are closed out to the satisfaction of the Client's Representative.
- Attendance at project meetings
- Documentation review, submission and control.
- Maintenance of project files and records.
- Adherence to project Occupational Health and Safety plan
- Facilitate the development of RFQ's
- Facilitate Tender review process
- Soliciting of sub-contractors (Mechanical & Electrical)
- Facilitate the development of Client SAT & FAT documentation
The Successful Applicant
- Proven experience in project management of automated engineering based projects.
- Experience in the design and construction of Mechanical and/or Electrical/Controls system, with a good working knowledge of both disciplines.
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties.
- Good commercial acumen with contractual experience.
- Proven experience in Project Scheduling packages (Microsoft Project, Primavera or similar).
- Computer Literate with experience in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Experience of project delivery in the aviation or freight logistics space will be highly regarded.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to influence, drive and grow an already successful business to even greater success
- Key involvement with delivering large scale prestigious projects
- Top tier company that offers speed in decision making and less 'red tape'
- Opportunity to join a global business with life changing opportunities
- Lucrative salary package and clear career path