Project Scheduler - Defence
Michael Page Defence - [email protected]
Permanent Engagement - PMO Office
About Our Client
Australian company specialising in the design, development, manufacture and through life support of radar, missile illumination and communications technologies. They work in partnership with Defence industry and Government to provide cost-effective solutions and in service support capabilities.
This position will provide the Programs department with robust cost and schedule analysis, to ensure successful integration of Programs inputs into the company's business operations, thereby enabling the successful delivery of existing commitments and future opportunities.
* Develop and Maintain Contract Master Schedules (CMS) using Open Plan Professional (OPP) and other planning software tools;
* Performing routine health checks, critical path analysis, levelling, baseline management and general control of assigned project schedules;
* Conduct analysis of project actual cost/ duration vs expected cost/ duration, with an emphasis on understanding the cause of significant cost/ schedule variances; and
* Contribute to Programs' monthly performance reporting to the Board, providing data and relevant commentary regarding cost & schedule performance of key projects.
Provide scheduling support to Project Managers:
* Liaising with relevant stakeholders to produce Contract Master Schedules (CMS) that comprise a complete and sufficiently detailed work scope;
* Provide early identification of schedule conflicts, including advice on recovery options and strategies;
* Communicating regularly across the organisation, and where appropriate, into our key supply chain, in order to drive:
o completion of scheduled activities;
o timely and accurate progressing of the schedule; and
o optimised replanning of remaining activities;
* Contribute to identification, mitigation and resolution of project schedule risks and issues management; and
* Contribute to project reporting to the Customer.
Provide scheduling support to business development activity:
* Prepare, review and amend Contract Master Schedules in support of new contracts or contract change proposals to existing contracts, applying an appropriate level of complexity based on the size, timing and certainty of each program.
Enhance PMO processes & business systems:
* Contribute to the maintenance of project management procedures and work instructions;
* Provision of internal training to project team members on applicable procedures and systems; and
* Contribute to lessons learned activities.
The Successful Applicant
* Eligibility to hold AGSVA clearance level: NV1
* Relevant project controls experience and knowledge of principles, tools and procedures;
* Strong stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner;
* Strong organisational and problem solving skills, approaching all tasks with a continuous improvement mindset;
* Meticulous attention to detail, particularly with analysing and interpreting data;
* Ability to work under pressure, can multi-task, together with the capacity to plan and prioritise competing workloads to meet deadlines;
* Strong computer skills across the MS Office suite, particularly Excel;
* Although not critical, the following experience would be highly regarded:
o Experience with Open Plan Professional (or Primavera P6, MS Project Server);
o Scheduling of Defence Acquisition (or other complex) projects; and
o Experience in a Project Manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Immediate start
- Excellent salary package
- Great location
For more information, contact Jean Carlo Ramirez at