Work close to home, with flexible working hours !
6 Month Contract with possibility to extend!
About Our Client
The client is a local council based in the Northern Beaches. They are known for providing fantastic working conditions as well as generous remuneration. The Council delivers multiple community and operational services across a variety of assets and asset classes. this is a great opportunity to join a progressive organisation with a potential for immediate start for the successful candidate.
- Contribute to the daily operations of the Property team to ensure a flexible and responsive
- Implement policies and procedures to enhance the effective and efficient management of
Council's property portfolio, including diligent property management, lease and contract
administration functions, and leased properties maintenance management.
- Be responsible for accurately updating, maintaining and enhancing Council Property
- Ensure effective and timely responses to requests for service in relation to Council's
property portfolio, in addition to other administrative and special project functions as
required by Council.
- Administration, supervised delivery and documentation of various Commercial property
transactions including acquisitions, disposals, leases, licenses, compulsory acquisitions,
road closures, easements, encroachments and caveats, or other property
- Participate in the implementation and management of property related projects - including
public consultation, providing a high level of customer service to internal and external
stakeholders, and report writing.
- Exercise Workplace Health, Safety and Rehabilitation responsibility, accountability and
authority as outlined in WH&S procedures 201.
- Identification, development and management of commercial/income generating
opportunities and partnership projects on behalf of Council.
- Support and co- ordinate the refinement of Council's approach to commercial leases,
licenses and management contracts.
- Assist and or manage negotiations in respect of commercial leases, lease renewals, rent
reviews, property inspections and attend to other lease matters in a timely, accountable
appropriate manner that maximises returns and minimises risk in line with Council's
objections and polices.
The Successful Applicant
* Adhere to Council's values and behaviour's.
* Sound organisational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment, developing and
maintaining co-operative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a
demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
* Demonstrated experience in effective communications with a range of stakeholders.
* Demonstrated ability to act with integrity at all times, with all stakeholders.
* Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
* Demonstrated creative and initiative skills.
* Demonstrated ability to initiate and respond effectively to change.
* Demonstrated knowledge of project management databases.
* Demonstrated commitment to EEO, WHS and ethical practice principles.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Computer application skills.
* Current Drivers License.
What's on Offer
- 35 hour week!
- Flexible working hours!
- Great team
- Beautiful location