Public Relations Manager
Fantastic opportunity for experienced PR Manager to work within NFP
Experience in NFP sector ideal but not essential
About Our Client
My client is a leading and well-known Not for Profit organisation going through a period of major change and digital transformation. They are an iconic name in the Not for Profit space and seeking a talented commercial PR Manager to join their team. This role reports directly into the Head of Marketing.
The Communications department within the Marketing and Engagement division plays a critical role for the organisation, supporting organisational requirements for communications, PR and publicity support, and critically, supporting the organisation's strategic objectives to increase its voice and profile in the community.
The Communications department manages external media relations focussed on engaging the broader community (working alongside the Public Affairs department whose focus is on government and policy makers). The team works independently and in collaboration across the organisation managing media and public relations, creating key publications, social media, multi-media and shaping website content.
- increase community reach and positive sentiment by identifying, developing and implementing opportunities to promote the organisation, its brand and its work to the broader community, using non-paid media, including mainstream media, social media, local media and other external earned media channels
- work closely with the Marketing and Engagement, Public Affairs and Internal Communications teams to develop and implement integrated marketing plans and materials and ensure consistent messaging
- develop and maintain advantageous relations with mainstream media, which includes ensuring prompt responses to media inquiries, developing and pitching story ideas to media
- write in a variety of styles and for a range of audiences and publications including
- work closely with staff and service users across the organisation to identify, brief and support the people whose stories will illustrate our work in our publications and in mainstream media
- facilitate media training for approved staff when required
- provide expert communications advice to staff across the organisation
- assist in conceiving and producing multimedia products
The Successful Applicant
- degree qualified in communications, public relations, media relations, or related field with extensive work experience in public relations
- proven experience in story development, writing, editing and proofreading with the ability to conceive story and publicity platforms to drive coverage
- demonstrated experience in engaging the public in campaigns
- proven ability to successfully pitch stories to reporters, editors and producers and achieve media coverage in mainstream media and online
- highly creative, with an ability to conceive story and publicity platforms to drive coverage, with proven experience in successfully pitching stories to reporters, editors and producers and achieving media coverage in mainstream media and online
- proven skills required for multimedia products such as videos and podcasts, including scriptwriting and voiceovers
- demonstrated experience in using social media and social media strategies to achieve outcomes
- track record of developing and managing public relations campaigns
- demonstrated experience and ability to gather information from different sources including research reports, staff, people assisted by our services and external stakeholders
- proven analytical skills with the ability to take complex ideas and research and repurpose them for media releases and other material that will appeal to the general public or particular audiences
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with commercial marketers and also have the opportunity to give back to an incredible organisation. They are going through period of growth and digital transformation, it is an exciting time to join this established Not for Profit.