New and Exciting Opportunity
About Our Client
The focus of this role is to liaising regularly with manufacturer representatives, ensuring on time delivery and maintenance of an adequate supply of stock.
My client is a leading manufacturing company in their field.
- Liaising regularly and proactively with suppliers and operations teams ensuring accurate delivery of goods and resolution of supply issues
- Collecting, analysing and summarising data and trends to ensure accurate and efficient purchasing planning and control information
- Maintenance of high quality supplier relationships
- Placing orders for stocks, consumables, equipment and services
- Proactively working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that purchasing needs, quality, pricing and delivery requirements
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure cost-savings in both individual products and longer term discount agreements
- Providing cover in the Customer Services team as required
- New vendor set-up and management of pre-establish suppliers
- Opening invoices, and fulfilment of the weekly pay-run, ad-hoc and regular reporting, and maintaining the overall product database in MYOB database
The Successful Applicant
- 4-5 years in purchasing/procurement
- Resilient communication skills (confidence)
- Exposure to supply market (locally & globally)
- Numerical and administrative skills to process orders and evaluate suppliers
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Team player
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to negotiate & build rapport
- Attention to detail & 'can do' attitude
- Interpretation of deadlines & plans
What's on Offer
You will receive a competitive salary with superannuation.
You will be joining a growing company with opportunities to progress your career. The team is dynamic and expanding.