Temp to Perm opportunity
About Our Client
My client is a Food manufacturer based in Melbourne's South East who are looking for a dedicated and progressive QA Manager to join/lead the team.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Development, implementation & maintenance of the Quality Management System incorporating all HACCP plans/reviews, microbial testing requirements, calibration requirements, customer complaint investigation, product recall, non-conformance reporting.
Working with external auditing bodies to ensure compliance to standards and customer requirements. Ensure compliance to BRC, FSANZ, Dairy food safety Victoria (DFSV), Australian certified Organic (ACO), DAWR, Halal.
- Responsible for managing and ensuring applicable requirements of the Export Control (Milk and Milk Product) Orders and applicable importing country requirements are met for export products.
- Conducting internal audits on the QMS system and standard procedures across all three sites.
- Liaising with service contractors and maintaining the calibration of relevant production equipment.
- Reviewing product specifications and label verification's.
- Responsible for the assessment and coordination of training programs for all production personnel involved in food production including induction and routine refresher training.
- Maintaining traceability of products and coordinating product recall and withdrawal.
- Working closely with Product Development Manager and Production Manager assisting in new product development process and implementation.
- Lead & manage the "Change control process" for the business in conjunction with the NPD & supply chain managers.
- Responsible for scheduling and reviewing environmental swab and allergen swab results.
- Development & maintenance of Cleaning Program/allergen matrix and responsible for validating and verifying cleaning levels via the cleaning schedule.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role ideally you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Science or Food Technology
- Significant Food Safety, GMP, HACCP and Quality System management experience as a QA Manager for at least three years.
- A good working knowledge of food quality standards (BRC version 8, HACCP, DFSV, Export)
- Experience in the commissioning of new facility and compliance to external auditing for export and local standards
- Meet deadlines and cope with peak workload
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a focus on teamwork
Tertiary Qualifications either in Food Technology or other Food Science is a prerequisite for the role.
What's on Offer
A Temp to Perm opportunity is on offer for the successful candidate.