Quality Auditor - Fabrication/Welding
Leading manufacturer of vehicle accessories
About Our Client
My client is the largest designer, manufacturer and distributor of a wide variety of high-quality, custom-engineered vehicle accessories.
- Conduct First Off/Last Off and periodic inspections as per frequency required by PCP's on internally fabricated product.
- Conduct random verification of conformance to PCP's/SOP's, WI's and procedures.
- Conduct measurement studies on components and completed assemblies as directed.
- Prepare weld macro specimens for Pilot Runs, Production Validation, Welder Assessment, nonconforming product analysis and as required by frequency in PCP's.
- Authorized to stop production to correct quality problems detected during weld inspection or Macro inspection
- Support the Quality Engineer - Plant in the conducting of 100% Inspections on suspect products.
- Assess welding jigs for adequacy, suitability or contribution to nonconforming product
- Participate in Layered Audits as required
The Successful Applicant
- Certified welding inspector or welding supervisor.
- Understanding of Engineering/ Manufacturing / Welding Drawings.
- Understanding of welding symbols, terminology and failure modes.
- Experience in weld inspection and macro preparation.
- Metrology skills, can measure products using Height Gauge, Verniers; etc
- Basic computer skills.
- Accepts responsibility
- Honest, ethical and trustworthy
- Treats others with respect
- Shares knowledge
- Works for the good of the team
What's on Offer
This role will be perfect for a qualified welder looking to get off the tools and into a Quality role.