Opportunity to grow a growing equipment manufacturer
Lead improvement projects across the operations department
About Our Client
Billi are a proud Australian owned manufacturer of high quality instant water delivery solutions. The state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities are located in the heart of Melbourne, Victoria and have been in operation since 1989. For generations they have been pioneering best in class boiling and chilled water systems through continued investment in product development and innovation.
Reporting to the Head of Quality & Continuous Improvement, the primary purpose of this role is to ensure the manufacturing facility comply with their regulatory and customer requirements.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to:
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement programs with special emphasis product and process quality improvements.
- Work comprehensively with each team involved in the manufacturing process; from initial concept design stages through to production and after sales serviceability of the product.
- Stop any process which is not conforming to standard or deemed to be defective and implement corrective action
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Billi Occupational Health & Safety policy & procedures;
- Ensure corrective Actions are driven to eliminate root causes by working through customer and service team feedback on product performance.
- Assist in the implementation of the site's environmental performance;
- Continuous improvement of quality systems and processes through internal and external audit processes
- Ability to train & mentor members within the team.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must satisfy the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
- Proven experience in quality management systems & standards. Flexibility & adaptability in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Experience in continuous improvement methods, lean and six sigma
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and change management
- Strong team player and a good cultural fit in a hardworking organisation is crucial
- Contribute to the company values of Respect, Honesty and Integrity
What's on Offer
An attractive salary package is on offer, as is the chance to work for an award winning market leading manufacturer who offers a great work/life balance and career opportunities.