Quality Manager - Food Manufacturing
Excellent Career development
Opportunity to lead the Qualty team and deliver Quality excellence
About Our Client
Our client is a Victorian owned and operated food manufacturer with sites based in Melbourne's Northern and Southeast suburbs. For decades they have been delivering quality products made to the highest standards to the Australian market. The need has arisen for a dedicated and progressive QA Manager to play an important role in maintaining the company's quality & food safety management system across each of their sites.
- Development, implementation & maintenance of the Quality Management System incorporating all HACCP plans/reviews, microbial testing requirements, calibration requirements, customer complaint investigation, product recall, non-conformance reporting.
- Working with external auditing bodies to ensure compliance to standards and customer requirements. Ensure compliance to BRC, FSANZ, Dairy food safety Victoria (DFSV), Australian certified Organic (ACO), DAWR, Halal
- Responsible for managing and ensuring applicable requirements of the Export Control (Milk and Milk Product) Orders and applicable importing country requirements are met for export products.
- Conducting internal audits on the QMS system and standard procedures across all three sites.
- Liaising with service contractors and maintaining the calibration of relevant production equipment.
- Reviewing product specifications and label verifications.
- Responsible for the assessment and coordination of training programs for all production personnel involved in food production including induction and routine refresher training.
- Maintaining traceability of products and coordinating product recall and withdrawal.
- Working closely with Product Development Manager and Production Manager assisting in new product development process and implementation.
- Lead & manage the "Change control process" for the business in conjunction with the NPD & supply chain managers.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Science or Food Technology
- Significant Food Safety, GMP, HACCP and Quality System management experience as a QA Manager for at least three years.
- A good working knowledge of food quality standards (BRC version 8, HACCP, DFSV, Export)
- Experience in the commissioning of new facility and compliance to external auditing for export and local standards
- Meet deadlines and cope with peak workload
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a focus on teamwork
What's on Offer
A competitive salary package will be on offer to the successful candidate coupled with the opportunity to join a growing Food manufacturing business and drive their Quality team to the next level.