Excellent leadership opportunity with strong career development
Work for a global brand
About Our Client
Brown & Watson International (BWI) is the Australian owned and operated company behind several innovative and market-leading brands operating within the automotive electrical and portable power management spaces. Our stable of established industry names include NARVA, Projecta, Philips Automotive, OSRAM, Big Red and Maxi-Lite.
From humble beginnings in 1953, BWI remained privately owned until 2015 until handed over to GUD Holdings Limited - an ASX200 listed group comprising a number of dynamic product companies based in Australia and New Zealand, including RYCO, Wesfil, Davey, Goss, DBA, IMGroup, Griffith's Equipment, AA Gaskets and NZ Gaskets. Under GUD's leadership, BWI's brands have continued to flourish in their respective marketplaces and achieve record growth for the company.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Quality Manager is responsible for the following:
* Introduce a strategic quality focused mindset across the organisation
* Provide training, leadership and guidance to the Quality team
* Manage talent development of the Quality Team
* Lead the development of uniform and consistent quality systems and processes across the business including procedures for inbound inspection, re-working, containment actions and warranty processing
* Manage and lead the education and training of all BWI staff on the quality manual/system
* Develop departmental strategy and vision to ensure quality targets adhere to stakeholder and customer expectations
* Manage budget for all QA equipment, procedures and department expenditure
* Lead business wide continuous improvement activities
* Identify and alert senior management of significant quality, compliance, supply and safety risks.
* Proactively manage risks and ensure brand reputation is intact.
* Oversee all aspects of BWI Quality and Environmental management systems as per current ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards. Maintain business certification to quality standards as applicable, such as EMC, Australian Standards and DOTARS
* Provide expertise, support and guidance to key BWI stakeholders on ADR regulatory requirements and other legal obligations
* Assist product management department with APQP activities
* Champion product improvement activities to drive down field warranty issues
* Influence internal teams, networks and suppliers to integrate specific customer quality requirements into new products and projects
* Review customer feedback results and propose roadmap for improvement
* Develop BWI product testing capabilities
* Lead Supplier Quality Audits and manage closure of remedial actions
* Identify key suppliers for the business and manage supplier feedback program
* Drive supplier negotiations to improve quality, supplier cost recoveries and rebates
* Investigate quality issue root-causes, implement containment plans and manage timely closure of issues with suppliers
* Develop and maintain BWI ethical sourcing commitment
The Successful Applicant
* 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience in a similar or related role
* Strong communication and customer service skills to build and maintain internal and external relationships across all levels of the business
* Willingness to be hands on when required
* Detailed knowledge of quality management principles and quality assurance practices
* Experience working with and managing international suppliers
* Excellent people management skills with the ability to coach and lead a team
What's on Offer
An excellent salary package is on offer, as is the chance to work for a globally recognised ASX listed market leading business who offers a great work/life balance and career opportunities.