- Excellent, progressive company culture
- Strong pipeline of up coming works
About Our Client
At Michael Page Recruitment we are experts in putting you first. Therefore, we have partnered exclusively with a leading civil infrastructure & building contractor providing construction solutions to the public and private sectors. With a strong focus on people, culture, and services our client has earned a reputation as a premier contractor, attracting and retaining high calibre employees, clients, and projects. A lot of companies will say this, but this is a locally owned business- so their people come first. Our client is constantly upskilling and looking after their team to help see their very best in potential.
Due to a massive boom in the Civil space across government funded projects - multiple new project wins have occurred. Michael Page are now actively seeking a highly motivated Quantity Surveyor with either Commercial or Civil Construction experience and a passion for on-time and on-budget delivery to join our team during an exciting period of growth- to join our fantastic clients team.
Based in Adelaide, reporting directly to the Project Manager, your duties will look like:
- Review project and contractual documentation on successful tenders to ensure it is the same as those used in the preparation of the tender.
- Determine rates to be used by Site Supervisors on materials needed for each job.
- Maintain current pricing register for commodities plus preferred supplier and terms.
- Ensure all Project QA documentation is in place.
- Prepare progress claims in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain control and distribution of all drawings and documents in line with the requirements of the Quality Assurance System.
- Ensure all documentation from site is recorded and documented.
The Successful Applicant
To join our clients progressive team, you will need:
To be qualified in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline.
You must have at least 5-10 years' experience in either Civil or Commercial Construction.
You will also have previous experience and knowledge in:
- A sound understanding of the construction industry including modern construction techniques.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Contracts management.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A good level of computer literacy including MS Word, Excel and Project
If you want to join a tier 2 Civil Contractor that is growing and wants the same for you, we would like to talk with you now.
Submit your application in confidence including a cover letter outlining a summary of your experience and time spent working on either commercial or Civil Projects, to "James Blackhall" -
What's on Offer
- A fantastic remuneration package - $150k
- Profit Share- company wide
- Excellent company culture
- 7 year average tenure of employee career time
- Exciting Job Satisfaction
This position offers the opportunity to work for a progressive and dynamic company where safety, people development and employee retention is a high priority in ensuring a great workplace culture, and facilitating our strategic vision in becoming an employer of choice.