Regional Benefits & Leave of Absence Operations Analyst
6 month contract role
Friendly and inclusive team culture
About Our Client
Our Client is an international pharmaceutical Company located in South East Melbourne. They are a very well renowned Company with a dynamic, friendly and inclusive culture.
The Benefit & Leave of Absence Analyst will support benefits and Leave absence-related activities within regional capability centre, performing operational activities as well as serving customers by performing advanced issue resolution where Customer Service Specialists are unable. This role will primarily cover Japan and will serve as back up support for other APAC markets.
The Analyst will exercise independent judgment when balancing workload between often cyclical and other benefits-related activities.
- Responds to escalated Tier 2 inquiries from HR, executives and managers and employees
- Supports coordinating and executing annual upgrade, design, integration and end to end testing of the systems
- Resolves problems, by interpreting policy and program exceptions
- Maintains the policy and procedure documentation, and is responsible for communicating any changes, including conducting any necessary training
- Coordinate activities and distribute annual enrollment materials and materials to newly eligible employees in applicable markets: enroll participants/dependents in benefit programs, process beneficiary designations, create and send confirmation statements, determine and track eligibility/entitlement, send eligibility information to insurance carriers; process qualified changes and status events, calculate coverage and premiums; send deduction/setup changes to payroll
- Administer membership services (i.e., added contributions, refunds, benefit statements, confirmations, expression of wish forms, designations)
- Review, process, and deliver bereavement/death payments
- Administer global recognition program and vendors. Coordinate with recognition payments with payroll as needed. Coordinate recognition communication
- Administer wellness programs and vendors. Coordinate wellness communications as needed
Leave of Absence Analyst:
- Ability to manage three categories of absence: sick, time off (holidays, vacations, vacation, personal, jury duty, bereavement, and military); leaves of absence with answering questions around the relevant policies and practices associated with them.
- Guide Managers through initiating a leave and assisting in each step of the leave process.
- Answers specific/detailed employees' questions about policies, pay and eligibility relating to leaves.
- Sends communication to employees and reminders to Managers.
- Monitors assigned cases, reports concerns, provide information to HR, Employment Law (Legal) and Health Services.
- Coordinates with STD/LTD Disability Administration vendor (US/PR only).
- Provides HR with access to periodic leave reports.
Leave Administration Process Overview:
- Intake: Employee or Manager 24/7/365 via web or IVR, Service Center-supported immediate notification
- Eligibility: Qualification engine, compliance with legal requirements, corporate policies and personalized
- Workflow: Process steps for all leave types, defined completion steps.
- Reporting & Analytics: Ability to Run reports for Manager & HR.
The Successful Applicant
Must have requirements:
- BS degree preferred.
- Must have experience supporting Benefits and Leave/Absence
- Strong preference for experience supporting international markets (more than one country) Benefit or Leave & Absence related working experiences and related knowledge.
- Excellent English language skills both in writing and speaking.
- Exposure to highly volatile/hyper inflated market environments with multi-currency requirements and cultural variance in approaches to compensation and benefits program design
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent quantitative/analytical, organizational, research and project management skills.
- Excellent systems background with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and state of the art desktop applications including web based systems.
- Must have sound interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and be able to deal effectively with all levels of management and employees.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Excellent Japanese language skills both in writing and speaking.
- Experience working within a shared services delivery model
- Working knowledge of contact centre case management tools
- Working with multiple vendors outside of BMS
- Ability to multi-task between employee, Manager, and vendors
What's on Offer
If you are an experienced HR (benefits and leave/absence) professional who has worked with a Japanese company and is looking for a 6 month contract - APPLY NOW