Regional Procurement & Contracts Coordinator
Financially Growing Company
Autonomous Cost-saving Focused Opportunity
About Our Client
The company generates the majority of its revenue from the rental of heavy earthmoving equipment to the
mining and civil construction markets. This includes rear dump trucks, excavators, articulated trucks,
dozers, loaders and graders. The company's activities also include the sale of equipment, parts and
components supply, along with equipment maintenance.
- Processing purchase requisitions from internal customers or external suppliers in a timely and professional manner and in accordance to policy and procedures
- Identifying opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies in the purchasing process
- Preparing Requests for Quotations for goods and services as required
- Source, select and negotiate for best purchasing package (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers to ensure Total Value Management is being achieved
- Evaluate the requisition and enforce the utilization of contracted suppliers to the business
- Expediting overdue orders and communication to the business
- Adding and maintaining supplier profiles on the system
- Third party supply (master goods and services agreements) contracts - drafting, evaluation/ clarification, negotiation and execution
- Acts as a point of contact for internal stakeholders on contractual issues, liaising with the legal team to ensure appropriate terms and conditions and commercial outcomes are met on all agreements
- Risk management throughout contractual administration in consultation with legal team
- Adherence to all key commercial and financial requirements, including but not limited to payment terms, rebates, and invoicing through effective liaising with finance team
- Maintain contractual records and documentations, including controlling the receipt and audit train of all contract correspondence, status reports and other documents for all project related procurement activity (strategic sourcing exercises)
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment
- Supplier assessment/evaluation experience
- Strong conceptualization and application of risk mitigation and terms/conditions of contractual agreements
- Financial exposure namely in the form of managing key commercial components
- Warehousing, Logistics and Inventory knowledge would be advantageous.
- HME exposure would be huge advantage.
What's on Offer
The company's position in the industry has expanded in recent years through strategic mergers and acquisitions. Plan an active role in the negotiation phase and contract award recommendation of all strategic sourcing activity in expanding business further.