Fantastic Career Opportunity
About Our Client
My Client is a large FMCG manufacture with a well known brand name.
- Ensure that all SOP's are followed to ensure full GMP compliance
- Create, contribute to and maintain SOP's and Forms according to the company standards for all machine operations mechanically
- Review standard maintenance tasks (PM's, RM's) and other relevant documents and provide feedback to upgrade or improve them, based around reliability improvements.
- Prepare Deviation Reports as required, including thorough investigations to determine root cause and suitable corrective and preventative actions with the aim to minimise the number of deviations
- Train staff in Standard Operating Procedures, Permit processes and operation of equipment, and ensure training records including licenses and certifications are up to date at the end of each month
- Ensure that the Production equipment is running at optimal reliability and performance meeting the needs of production.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Mechanical equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that affect production, these include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance.
- Achieve asset performance (production at rate) and reliability (equipment runs when needed without interruption) business objectives
- Uses reliability engineering principles and tools (RCI and Failure/Modes/Effects Analysis) to increase asset performance and reliability
- Works with Engineering and Projects to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations, and is responsible for adhering to the life cycle asset management throughout the life of the asset.
- Perform analyses of assets including (but not limited to); Asset Utilisation, Equipment Effectiveness, Remaining Useful Life and Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
- Work with Engineering, Quality and Production to develop and document machine manuals, SOP's and maintenance procedures.
- Documentation of the existing systems with P&ID's, Layout Drawings, SOP's for use and SOP's for maintenance.
- Ensure all appropriate changes are covered by Change Control Procedures and thus the impact of the change is considered and the testing appropriate for the change is conducted and signed off as part of the process
- Contribute to the developing knowledge and culture of the company
- Relationship building
- Identify knowledge gaps and act as translator/trainer between the language of the business and the language of the factory floor.
- Actively promote change and innovation to support the achievement of cost reduction and productivity improvements.
- Provide leadership and support to the 5S program
- Ensure contractors are site inducted, and licenses recorded as per the company standards prior to commencing work
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be:
Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical and Reliability expert
Have 3+ years experience in similar role
Food and Pharmaceutical experience is an advantage
Be able to lead and influence people/teams
Have a positive attitude towards the role and colleagues
What's on Offer
An attractive salary, training and development is on offer for the successful candidate.