- Join an organisation who positively impacts the lives of 35,000 global students.
- Play an integral role in Melbourne and be part of a team across APAC.
About Our Client
Join Yugo, the trusted name for student housing, globally. Every day Yugo connects students to opportunities in their amazing spaces. Based in Carlton, these properties are part of a larger global platform across 9 countries (and counting!) while crafting friendships, inspiring new collaborations, and unique memories. Their spaces are designed with the student at the centre of all decision making and are packaged with unbelievable amenities.
Reporting directly to the Area Manager, the Residence Manager - Multi-Property will play an integral role and be responsible for 2 adjacent properties. You will lead the space-based team and be responsible for executing strategies related to property management operations, implementing agreed policies, procedures, and practices, whilst actively driving improvements in operational excellence and financial performance.
Reporting to the Area Manager and leading a dedicated, energised, and passionate team, this role will:
- Act as an inspirational lead to the team by exceeding expectations for students and oversee the delivery of outstanding customer service by others. Lead and inspire the operational teams to perform across the spaces of your responsibility. Train current team members in new tasks and responsibilities to grow their skills and provide training to new team members in systems, processes, and policies.
- Take a commercial approach to managing the space whilst actively seeking ways to maximise revenue through a sales focus, including groups, short-term stays, and alternative use options that identify opportunities to drive greater efficiency and reduce cost per bed. Ensure that Yugo students live their best life and exceed their expectations.
- Manage and monitor appropriate health and safety compliance in the properties, promoting a risk-free environment, and driving a positive health and safety culture.
- Build strong relationships with key team support functions in Sales, Marketing, Data and Analytics, Systems, HR, and the Finance.
- Drive the use of the Facilities Management and Compliance Legislative systems to ensure the space is 100% compliant.
- Engage with fellow YuGoers across the globe to craft better ways of delivering their brand and enhance the journey of their students.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will bring:
- A relevant tertiary level qualification in Business or Hospitality (or equivalent) and a proven experience managing teams in the hospitality, residential-based, or student accommodation sectors (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience to work effectively in or lead a team and show the ability to be a positive role model who is professional, supportive, and inclusive.
- Commit to providing high-quality customer service to all people from diverse language and cultural backgrounds.
- Have a strong attention to detail with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, manage, and coordinate internal and external resources to accomplish role responsibilities.
- Apply and improve your skills and knowledge as a True "Business Manager".
What's on Offer
The team at Yugo tell me that they are dedicated to living up to their employment promise and that their team members love working for Yugo because it gives them the ability to work alongside a committed, respected, and professional team members, whilst also empowering the students they work with.
- An attractive remuneration package with access to a supportive and flexible workplace environment that offers a wide range of training and development via the online Yugo platform, YuLearn.
- The opportunity to work alongside and empower students to reach their maximum potential.
- A workplace environment that's focused on team building and inspires a collaborative work-together mentality.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to making a difference and this sounds like your next role, please click apply, we'd love to hear from you. For any additional information, or if you require an adjustment to participate in this application process, please contact Conor Grace on +61 431 983 152 and we can discuss your support options.
Closing Date: Sunday, 7th August at 11:59PM
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate may be subject to further pre-employment safety screening checks, for example Police Records Check and Reference Checks. Yugo is obligated to comply with Federal, State and Territory Government health orders and the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence confirming their COVID-19 vaccination status (three doses, including the booster). This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold full working right in Australia.
My client is committed to safety standards and an equal opportunity employer and believes in diversity, inclusion, and equality. They are committed to ensuring that their workplace reflects the Victorian community. They recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion bring, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply.