Retail Business Development Manager
Exciting opportunity for a BDM with a rapidly growing mens consumer brand!
Responsible for growth strategy across third party online and offline channels.
About Our Client
My client is a rapidly growing consumer brand targeting men. They have grown their offline retail presence this year and have a thriving e commerce channel. Their products have an excellent reputation built on quality and superior design.
The Business Development Manager will have the following responsibilities;
- Developing new business relationships, generating and negotiating new income streams to pre-determined targets.
- Presenting to potential clients through direct and indirect communication forums.
- Generating leads, setting appointments and establishing a strong network of business contacts to facilitate the expansion of the brand across wholesale.
- Actively managing the sales process through lead generation, solution selling, highlighting key points of differentiation, negotiating and closing deals. Support will be available for complex or significant pitches.
- Managing and maintaining a business development pipeline and ensuring all sales relationships and status are maintained.
- Managing client proposals, contracts and any other required documentation
- Staying current with regard to competitive activity, potential and current clients, the broader men's fashion landscape, sports and other relevant industries.
- Engaging, inspiring and galvanising potential customers around the brand and its potential.
- Participating in brand strategy discussions and targeting relevant customer groups.
- Participating in cross-functional teams to develop new product lines, new concepts, generate sales forecasts and financial projections.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree is an advantage in business or related discipline
- Strong track record developing online and offline sales channels or selling within the fashion industry
- Exposure to developing new brands, positioning them and articulating brand credentials to a target market
- Proven ability developing proposals and closing commercial opportunities.
- Track record of exceeding sales budgets and KPIs
- Demonstrable ability to continually source and follow up new business opportunities including canvassing, and implementing effective referral mechanisms
- Knowledge of business development strategies within fashion industry an advantage
- A strong network of relevant sales contacts within wholesale fashion.
- Financial acumen to enable sensible financial decisions
What's on Offer
The Business Development Manager will be paid a very attractive salary package based on previous experience.