Safety Advisor - site shut down
Start Weds 9th Dec until 18th Dec
Shut down project
About Our Client
A large well-respected mining organisation seeking an experienced Safety Advisor to be based on site to support with the shutdown project.
Reporting into the Health and Safety Superintendent this is a project based temporary position starting on Weds 9th December for 10 days.
These positions will be responsible for identifying hazards, assessing risks to health and safety, supporting with the implementation of appropriate safety controls. The role also involves providing advice about accident prevention and occupational health to management and employees.
The roster is for 12-hour shifts across day and nights.
Responsibilities of the Safety Officer will include, but are not limited to:
- Completing risk assessments, toolbox talks, audits, task observations, safety inspections and incident reports
- Preparing and implementing workplace and health and safety plans
- Completing and maintaining any documentation required for the project
- Providing support to the site contractors
- Manage and develop relationships with contractors and stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have a broad knowledge and experience working as a Safety Advisor with a minimum qualification of Cert IV in Occupational Health & Safety and experience working a site shut down. Mining industry experienced is preferred, however candidates from mining contractors or related industry sectors will be considered. You must be able to fly up to site on the 9th December and commit until the duration of the contact until the 18th December.
What's on Offer
This is a FIFO position working shifts within a 24-hour time period.
- Site based FIFO
- $60 per day + Superannuation