Sales & Distribution Manager | Australasia | Medical Device
Launching a commercialised, global product range to ANZ / Asia
FTSE Listed company (Share price up 600% in 5 years)
About Our Client
The AMS Group of companies specialise in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of novel, high performance advanced wound care products, surgical dressings and medical grade materials as well as medical adhesives and sutures for closing and sealing tissue.
The AMS Group has six manufacturing facilities, six sales offices in Europe, and a sales team operating in the United States. The Group's headquarters is located in the U.K.
The AMS Group operates through four Divisions each responsible for their respective sales, marketing and Research and Development (R&D) activities. Each Division focuses on a different strategic route to market.
- Branded Direct
- Branded Distributed
- OEM Supply
- Bulk Materials
- To manage the distributor and its sales force for greater performance and sales through training of sales reps and end users, through field visits together with distributors sales reps
- To establish and work with important KOL in each product segment
- Participating in exhibitions and local surgical specialities as the hernia show, Ortho meetings etc. From time to time support at larger show in outside of "home" territory
- Forecasting for specific customers and providing data to Senior Management on future trends and forecasts.
- Pricing of products (within limits set via Senior Management).
- Development of new business set ups.
- Technical selling and presentation of key features and benefits to potential customers and distributors.
- Provide market feedback on trends and developments to business development, marketing and operations
- Analysis of current customer base for opportunity areas
- Identify new opportunities for business development
- Negotiate supply agreements with key customers and contribution to R&D projects.
The Successful Applicant
- A strong surgical background working in the operating room selling instruments, hernia related products, staplers, glue, sutures or any other medical equipment used. (not capital equipment)
- Able to build productive long term relationships with strategic distributors, channel partners, key accounts and opinion leaders.
- Need to have a number of years of experience in the role of running a sales and distribution operation in the area or in one of the territories
- Be able to travel or out with customers between 70-80%
- Be able to conduct product and field visits to meet DRs and Nurses
- National experience necessary, international experience highly desirable
- Creative, Resourcefulness, Relationship builder, Skilled and a Team player are also words describing the personality
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to be key decision maker in ANZ and Asian growth of established products
- Salary package negotiable dependent on experience
- Innovative technologies
- Exceptionally competent leadership group